Curitiba, Brazil, May 15, 2014
We, the representatives of cooperative movement of Federative Republic of Brazil, through the Organization of Brazilian Cooperatives (OCB); of Russian Federation, through the Central Union of Consumer Societies of the Russian Federation (Centrosoyuz); of the Republic of India, through the National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI); the People’s Republic of China, through the All-China Federation of Supply and Marketing Cooperatives (ACFSMC); of the Republic of South Africa, through the South African National Apex of Cooperatives (SANACO), discussed the current situation of cooperative movement in our countries, global economy and other subjects of global development as: sustainable development, and environment besides the prospective for strengthen of cooperation within brics countries cooperatives at our meeting on May 15, 2014 in Curitiba.
We reach the following conclusions:
1. We reaffirm the importance of the cooperative movement for economic development of BRICS countries and reinforce our commitment to work together on international commerce development between our cooperatives strengthen relationships between them.
2. We agree to work together on the development of the more democratic and fair world based on the cooperative values and principles: equality, autonomy, education, solidarity and care of community.
3. We reiterate the support for international cooperative alliance – ICA being as a voice of cooperative movement.
4. We reinforce our commitment in gradual implementation of the sustainable development concept in cooperative agenda committed to the environment.
5. We agree to work to minimize the impacts of global crisis in development and to ensure that the Millennium Development Goals are to be achieved through the strategic role of cooperative movement.
6. We express our commitment to work together with United Nations and other international organisms to promote the cooperative values and principles as a way of economic and social development.
7. We reinforce our commitment in necessary steps for cooperation promotion between our cooperatives working in common interests.
8. We affirm our commitment to implement a working group of BRICS cooperatives to create a commercial database and organize business rounds and business missions that provide the commerce between our cooperatives.
9. We express our concern at the application of international norm IFRIC II of international accountings standarts board – iasb to the cooperatives in our countries. We fear that this norm may prejudice the sustainability of our cooperatives as well as its competiveness. We commit to maintain close contact to discuss this subject.
10. We reinforce our commitment to maintain the direct and constant communication with Summit of Heads of BRICS states presenting to our governors the main demands of cooperative movement to give more visibility for demands of our cooperative and encourage the adoption of public policies including within the BRICS countries development bank.